The term Economic Prosperity and Housing Affordability focuses on:
- Anticipating gentrification and planning to prevent involuntary displacement.
- Identifying projects and opportunities to revitalize the Skyway Business District and ensuring residents can access the business district in a car, bus, bike or on foot.
- Identifying strategies to stabilize the average home price in the community for lower- and moderate-income families.
Goals and Objectives that improve the economic prosperity and affordability for the community
- Create residential ownership models.
- Advocate for affordable housing options for all income levels.
- Improve employment opportunities for residents in their community.
- Revitalize the Skyway/West Hill Business District.
- Increase the commercial tax base to stabilize services such as the King County Fire Department District 20.
Make your voice heard
- In each of the three sections below, please select the three projects that you think are the most important and should be done first.
- Then, when you’ve read through all of the projects, go back through and select your favorite two out of all of the projects on this page.
We’ll use the valuable feedback that you give us to help drive the campaign forward, and help build Skyway/West Hill.